The Non-Metallic version of the T-SEP™ Assembly, PFS's one-of-a-kind pneumatic tube separation assembly, is designed to maintain a 3/16” separation within pneumatic tube delivery systems while still significantly reducing the opportunity for crevice corrosion.
Traditionally, parallel runs of pneumatic tubing have been separated through the use of “saddles" or “notching”—a method that is effective in terms of keeping the tubing spaced evenly apart, but which allows corrosive elements to gather in the points of separation or beneath the tubing. The T-SEP™ Assembly's unique design allows those elements to escape the tubing before corrosion can develop.
The Non-Metallic version of the T-SEP™ Assembly consists of two main parts:
1.) Top Retainer (Flat Bar & Thermoplastic)
a. Flat Bar: Manufactured from stainless steel grade 316; PFS will prefabricate flat bar to fit the specified tray size and will install hardware access holes. Completed part are free of burrs, oils and sharp edges (dimensions: 1/4 x 1" wide x L).
b. Thermoplastic: A durable thermo-plastic that is extruded and cut into delta shaped or half round, the thermoplastic has excellent compressive strength, and a very low friction coefficient. PFS will prefabricate thermoplastic to accept the matching flat bar and hardware necessary for the job. Two identical pieces will be supplied with your assembly.
2.) Tube Alignment Retainer (Tube Spacer & Thermoplastic):
c. Tube Spacer: Manufactured from a durable UV resistant thermoplastic, our tube spacers are compatible with 3/8 in., 1/2 in., 3/4 in., and 1 in. diameter tubing, and can be adapted to accept any number of tubes required. PFS's tube spacers are designed for minimal contact with tubing, yet are durable enough to maintain separation. The unique shape of the spacers allows for a snap-down installation of the tube runs for an easy installation.
d. Hardware: 1/4 - 20 (SS316) hex head bolts, 1/4 in. (SS316) flat washers, and 1/4 - 20 (SS316) lock nuts are provided with the T-SEP™ Assembly.
Easy to install and built to last, PFS's T-SEP Assembly™ is the only custom-fabricated pneumatic tube system separation assembly capable of efficiently preventing crevice corrosion in offshore, shipbuilding, and steel fabrication installations.
Advantages of Non-Metallic Tube Spacer Version:
- Round-on-round positioning for minimal surface contact.
- Allows 360° visual inspection of tubing.
- Offers complete and stable platform mounted to channel or ladder tray or PFS Slotted T-Bar tube support.
- Environmentally resilient against UV, salt/ chlorides and other fluids.
- Helps prevent oxygen starvation which allows air flow through assembly.
- Helps prevent dirt and chloride accumulation on the tube surface due to three dimensional positioning of horizontal and vertical separators.
- Snap fit to assist in stabilizing tubes during installation.
- NO crevice or notches exists where corrosive materials will accumulate unseen to create crevice corrosion.