Fasten – Align – Separate – Elevate
U.S. Patent No.: 9,732,884 (Click # to view patent)
About The T-SEP™ Assembly
The T-SEP™ Assembly consists of two main parts:
1. Top Retainer (Flat Bar & Delta Bar)
a. Flat Bar:
Manufactured from stainless steel grade 316; PFS will prefabricate flat bar to fit the specified tray size and will install hardware access holes. Completed part is free of burrs, oils and sharp edges (dimensions: 1/4 x 1″ wide x L).
b. Delta Bar:
A durable thermo-plastic that is extruded and cut into a delta shape, the thermoplastic has excellent compressive strength, and a very low friction coefficient. PFS will prefabricate thermoplastic to accept the matching flat bar and hardware necessary for the job. Two identical pieces will be supplied with your assembly.
2. Tube Alignment Retainer (Tube Spacer & Delta Bar):
c. Tube Spacer:
Manufactured from a durable UV resistant thermoplastic or a stainless steel grade 316, our tube spacers are compatible with 1/4 in., 3/8 in., 1/2 in., 3/4 in., 9/16 in., and 1 in. diameter tubing, and can be adapted to accept any number of tubes required. PFS’s tube spacers are designed for minimal contact with tubing, yet are durable enough to maintain separation.
1/4 – 20 (SS316) hex head bolts, 1/4 in. (SS316) flat washers, and 1/4 – 20 (SS316) lock nuts are provided with the T-SEP™ Assembly.
Easy to install and built to last, PFS’s T-SEP™ Assembly is the only custom-fabricated pneumatic tube system separation assembly capable of efficiently addressing crevice corrosion in offshore, shipbuilding, and steel fabrication installations.
Exploded Views (Click on the Image to Enlarge)
*Complete T-SEP Assemblies Consist of All Below Elements*
Mounted in Tray SLP Mounted
T-SEP Installation Configurations
Click below images for T-SEP installation configurations.
Installation- It’s a Snap!
Click on individual images to enlarge for more detail
Channel or Ladder Tray
- Remove double-sided tape backing and place alignment section into tray or onto the tray rung
- Snap tubing into place
- Fasten assembly onto tray with supplied hardware
- Fasten 3/8” (SS316) Hex nut to 3/8” welded stud
- Fasten SLP pneumatic tube support/ tube alignment section to 3/8” welded stud. To achieve proper alignment, adjust 3/8” (SS316) hex nut
- Once bottom tube alignment section is properly aligned, tubes can be snapped into place
- Once tubes are in place, the “Top Retainer” can be fastened into place with hardware
See T-SEP™ in Action (Click image to enlarge)
Surface should be clean of oils, solvents, water or any other debris that would hinder adhesive to bond to the surface.
Spacer Alignment Section:
Once spacer alignment section is bonded to surface it may be difficult to remove, therefore spacer alignment section should be planned, in- place before spacer alignment section is applied with adhesive backing.
* Please note- this bonding is to be used as a temporary hold until the top retainer and hardware is installed after tubing. Some top retainers & hardware should be installed to secure tubing until tube run is complete.
Top Retainer & Hardware:
After tubing is installed into the spacer alignment section, top retainer and hardware should be installed to reduce pressure on temporary adhesive on the spacer alignment section.
Advantages of the T-SEP™ Assembly over other clamping & separating methods:
- Round-on-round positioning for minimal surface contact.
- Allows 360° visual inspection of tubing.
- Offers complete and stable platform mounted to channel or ladder tray or PFS Slotted T-Bar tube support.
- Environmentally resilient against UV, salt/ chlorides and other fluids.
- Helps prevent oxygen starvation by allowing significant air flow through assembly.
- Helps prevent dirt and chloride accumulation on the tube surface due to three dimensional positioning of horizontal and vertical separators.
- Snap fit to assist in stabilizing tubes during installation.
- NO crevice or notches exists where corrosive materials will accumulate unseen to create crevice corrosion.